Key To Success

What do you do when you come across a key to success in a book you're reading? You ponder over it. Since I read many books and come across many keys, I thought it would be fun to share the ideas that arise as I contemplate a key to success. Reading is not just about absorbing information, it's also about contemplating, allowing the ideas to blossom within, and nurturing a seed tossed in the rich soil of the inner garden.

Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

I got my Master's degree in psychotherapy more than a decade ago. Since then I've studied the human condition with fascination. Over the years, I've learned a singular lesson: your life does not work when you oppose your soul nature. If you want a magical life, you have to drop your inauthentic transactions with the world. You discover your own power when you spend time alone to figure out what you really love to do.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The Secret Of Creativity In Business, Art, And Life

Years ago, at a Self-Improvement workshop by Jerry Stocking, participants were asked to listen to a children’s rhyme and repeat it. It was a rather long rhyme and everybody lost track of the sequence of events and stopped in embarrassment.

A tense and nervous atmosphere built up in the room as one person after another failed to recite the entire rhyme. People began to feel that they just had insufficient short term memory to recall and repeat the whole thing.

Then a NASA Aeronautical Engineer, with numerous pauses, got it!

His secret was that he paused. During those pauses, in the space between words, his subconscious mind prompted him with the next line of the verse.

“This,” said Jerry Stocking, “was the secret--because the space between things allowed intelligence and creativity to emerge.”

Both Deepak Chopra and Wayne Dyer are equally enthusiastic about this space between thoughts. They call it “the gap.”

Deepak Chopra says it is a contact point between our mind and the quantum field of all possibilities.

Wayne Dyer believes that for a moment, one actually touches the divine before springing back into our consensus reality, which is kept alive by a constant stream of limiting thoughts.

Echart Tolle has earned fame and fortune teaching others about this space. He is famous for his long silences, during which he is merely being aware, and devoid of thought. When he, by example, induces this state in his audience, they feel a sense of deep peace and “a fullness of being.”

Similarly, when I was studying art, learning how to draw people, horses, dogs, still life objects, barns, and open spaces, the space between my sketches were the most meaningful. With those spaces, my images came to life.

I love classical music, and it is for the same reason. The space between the notes is where the magic lies.

I have noticed a new surge of creativity in my online endeavors as well, when I respect these spaces.

When I am writing a sales letter, my thoughts become very intense, and after a while I suffer from information overload. When I take a break and come back, all the sentences flow perfectly, and I convey my message the way that I had hoped.

The same amazing thing happens after studying. If I spend a lot of time researching something, then give it a break, which may last for as long as a day, all the elements of the project become very clear to me.

The other day, I was listening to a David Valleries interview and I had to smile when he said that his most creative ideas came after he had quit pursuing them and did something utterly mundane instead.

There is a magic to the space between images, notes, streams of thought, and information gathering. Respect those spaces and confusion dissipates. Then the mind becomes very clear and action becomes efficient and precise.







------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Resource Box



Saleem Rana is a psychotherapist in Denver, Colorado. If you're up to the challenge and want to create the kind of freedom and lifestyle you truly deserve - starting now - then get his free book from
http://theempoweredsoul.com/enter.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Enter your email address below to subscribe to Key To Success!


powered by Bloglet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home