Key To Success

What do you do when you come across a key to success in a book you're reading? You ponder over it. Since I read many books and come across many keys, I thought it would be fun to share the ideas that arise as I contemplate a key to success. Reading is not just about absorbing information, it's also about contemplating, allowing the ideas to blossom within, and nurturing a seed tossed in the rich soil of the inner garden.

Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

I got my Master's degree in psychotherapy more than a decade ago. Since then I've studied the human condition with fascination. Over the years, I've learned a singular lesson: your life does not work when you oppose your soul nature. If you want a magical life, you have to drop your inauthentic transactions with the world. You discover your own power when you spend time alone to figure out what you really love to do.

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Who Else Wants To Know Oprah's Secrets To Wealth & Success?



Before I had a lot of money, I was really quite happy," said Oprah Winfrey. "And I will tell you this--you may not believe it--I never would have gotten the money if I wasn't happy to begin with. I never would have gotten it."



I’ve noticed that we’re a culture that doesn’t stop long enough to enjoy its finances. We’re so far off into the future, envisioning the cash that we're going to get, we’re never here long enough to enjoy it. Here, however, is home.

All of us work many hours for profit, yet when it comes in, and we open up out purse to spend it on what we like, how much time do we spend enjoying it?

The other day I got a beautiful armchair. The first time I saw it, I fell in love. I just had to take it home. It was big, a shocking pink color, and broad. When I sank in it, it supported me just perfectly. Visions of many hours in the bookstore, a good book on my lap, a comfortable armchair surrounding me drifted into my mind. Now, every time I sit and read a book on that chair, a deep sigh of contentment rises out of me.

To almost everyone, it’s just an armchair. But to me, it’s an expression of exquisite laziness.

I deliberately chose to appreciate what I have.

And because of that appreciation, I’m sending a powerful message to my subconscious mind. “Yes, this is what I want. Thank you for giving me the currency to get this chair.”

What’s the reaction of my subconscious mind? “Oh, so that’s what he likes, let’s see if I can get him some more prosperous ideas.”

Our appreciation helps us make money. We set up a vibration within us that vibrates to the world. Like my friend, Kim, said, it’s as if you’ve set your tuning fork to vibrate with other tuning forks out there.

Consider your positive feelings an investment.

But don’t take my word for it. Ask Oprah.

Oprah Winfrey attributes her wealth to being happy. She didn’t feel happy because she was prosperous. No, no, no…she got affluent because she was happy.

Why do so many people adore her? What makes her ratings shoot through the roof? Yes, you got it—it’s that charming smile, the warm camaraderie she throws around her guests, and the cheerful banter with which she talks to her audience.

If Oprah were a grouch—she wouldn’t be Oprah! And she wouldn’t be rich, either.

Oprah knows how to romance money.

Wealth loves happy people.

Why? It’s because money like everything else is energy. And we receive the energy we transmit. Hit the right note on your tuning fork and you get in harmony with other forks of a similar vibration.

One way of throwing your energy off-track is to be unbalanced—to spend so many hours working that you’re in a perpetual state of fatigue and low mood. If you’re unbalanced, you’re out of touch with what you want, and you’re getting what you don’t like.

If working hard had anything to do with money than a ditch digger should be rich. I've received plenty of free money just because I've been at the right place at the right time. I was vibrating with money. It's always a kick to pick notes off the ground or to win a prize or to just be gifted.

Romancing money is a little like a love affair—you never know when your darling is going to be charming and merry or, ahem, a little difficult. However, if you’re charming and merry, you’ve set the right tone for an enchanting relationship.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Resource Box

Saleem Rana got his masters in psychotherapy from California Lutheran University, Thousand Oaks, Ca., 15 years ago and now resides in Denver, Colorado. His articles on the internet have inspired over ten thousand people from around the world. Discover how to create a remarkable life

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Enter your email address below to subscribe to Key To Success!


powered by Bloglet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home